Saturday, January 27, 2007

2 DAYS

It is Saturday morning...2 days to go, before we leave for Uganda! OH MY! We have been in quite an ordeal around here. Let me fill you in.

On Thursday morning, we found out that the airline we are taking, based out of London, will have a strike, starting next Tuesday! THAT IS THE DAY WE LAND IN LONDON!! The cabin crews will be striking so the flight have been cancelled. No flights will be going. OH MY...what are we going to do?

In the last 2 days, Kenneth has been on the phone at least a dozen times, talking with our travel agent...and what a jewel she is! We were never really in panic mode during this whole thing...but I must say I felt pressure in my heart. You see, I am the type of person who likes to have things planned out so that I know what is going to happen. I don't have it written out on paper, but I like to know in my head. Well, this put a major kink in my planning. Kenneth and our travel agent think they have it all worked out and below is our flying schedule.

Leave Chicago on Monday night
Arrive in London Tuesday morning
Leave London on Tuesday night ( we fly out with a different airline)
Arrive Dubai on Wednesday morning
Stop over in Addis Abba, Ethiopia, for refueling
Arrive in Entebbe, Uganda in the afternoon on Wednesday!!!

Can you believe all that??? OH MY!!

Pray...that is all we can do. We are excited to get back to Uganda and we are going to get there!

Love,
Delight

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will really be missed here, but I am so excited for you!! Isn't it great to know that God has a wonderful plan for it all. We'll keep you in our prayers and especially in our hearts.
Susan

Heather Mae said...

God is good!! He works everything out!! Hope the traveling went smoothly. Love ya.