Saturday, February 24, 2007

Finally...an update

Ok...now for an update. I have not been able to sign in to my blog since the 5th or so of Febraury. I have not been meaning to leave you hanging! I tried almost daily to log in and there was always a system error or the network didn't recognize my password or some such nonsense. "Welcome back to Uganda" We have wireless network this time around, which is actually cheaper than dial-up, but it isn't as efficient as dial-up.

So, let me see where to begin...

Ok...I tried for 30 minutes to upload a picture, but the network wouldn't let me...at least I am able to type something. OH MY!!
One of these days I am going to share all kinds of pictures with you.
We went to a church in an area called Katale and were blessed. They have an hours worth of singing. This one man, full of energy, would give those arobic workout queens on TV a run for their money! I didn't have my camera with me that day, but I will get a picture next time we are there. He danced and danced for the Lord for more than 40 minutes! The music is quite lively in Uganda, anyway, but at Katale, they are so happy to be freed from the bondage they have felt for so long that they can't help but do glory arobics for Jesus! Another man stood up to give his testimoney. He was saved while in prison for the umpteenth time. He witnessed about how horrible he was. How he would steal a ladies purse and then taunt them to come and get him. He did all kinds of dispicable things, but GOD got a hold of him. He is an uneducated man, but God is filling him with His love. He now has a dream to go to the prison and share with inmates how God has filled him to overflowing! During prayer time that Sunday morning, at first I didn't know what they were doing because they were praying in Luganda, but I soon realized they were praying for the people who were still outside the church in their homes. People who still needed the Lord. They turned in each directed of their church and prayed for the people on the North side the of the church, then East, the West and the South. God is alive and working at the Katale Africa Gospel Church.
We have seen God at work in the hearts of a lot of people. The Lord is good and deserves our praise!!
On to some family news...
On the 22nd of February, our oldest son turned 12! Kaleb has some great qualities! Please pray that he will allow God to use those qualities as he develops into a man. Many often say the 12th year is a year of change for a boy. I pray God's richest blessings on my son; I pray for his talents and his love for Jesus to be tried, tested and true. I pray that He grows to be the man that God intends for him to be.
Kenneth has gotten the go-ahead to begin rennovations on the garage. He has started on some jobs printing already and hopes to begin the rennovations soon so he will have more room to work. We really feel God is in this. The money did not come in for all the printing equipment, but we know that God's timing is perfect and the funds will come in, just at the right time. In the mean time, Kenneth is going to print all that God gives him to print and print it to the best of his ability.
I have been working at school for a couple of weeks now. It has been difficult because of things that were not done that should have been and things that still need to be done just to continue forward. Please be in prayer for the school. We will be needing several teachers for the next school year. I don't know what positions will need to be filled, but God knows and we pray for His wisdom.
I guess this will have to be all for now. Thank you so much for your prayers. Keep the comments coming and share this blog with as many people as you want. If no updates are made, then it is because I haven't been able to sign in for one reason or another.
May God be with you,
Delight
P.S....I don't know why it won't let me keep spaces between paragraphs, but it won't. Sorry, it was hard to read. UGH

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear from you again. Make sure to give Kaleb a happy birthday hug from us. The church sounds to exciting to be in. We would be looked down upon if we even danced one minute for the Lord, let alone 40!! Praise God for the freedom to worship Him. Even though I'm sure its hard to get back in the swing of things, isn't it great to know that God is faithful and patient through it all. Love to you all.
Susan

Anonymous said...

The update is wonderful! My favorite song is playing in my mind while I read this entry--"He took the shackles off my feet so I can dance"!!! Makes me want to dance--but wait we don't do that! Sad that we don't express ourselves like the folks do there! Hope Kaleb had a good birthday...so glad the pkg. got there on his birthday! Mailed it the day you flew out! God is good--He cares about little things like this too!!! Thanks for being faithful to try and post until it finally worked!!! We love & miss you all. You are in our daily thoughts & prayers!!!