Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thanksgiving means...

What does Thanksgiving mean to you? Is it a turkey with all the trimmings? Is it all the autumn colors and smells? Or is it that you are THANKFUL for the many blessings the Lord has given you? For me it is many things...here are a few...
1. I am so thankful for my salvation in Christ Jesus, my Savior.
2. I am so thankful for my husband and children.
3. I am so thankful for the ministries Jesus has asked us to do for Him.
4. I am so thankful for my entire family.
5. I love the beauty of God's creation and am so thankful for that.
6. I love the sweet fragrances of autumn...cinnamon, orange spice, nutmeg, etc.
And of course....the list could go on and on.

I recently was in the mood to decorate... I bought some fall looking flowers at the local flower stand, I changed some things around and I got out the orange spice oil I bought several years ago and added it to some apple peelings and simmered it on the stove. I was completely enjoying my fragrant reminder of fall and all that goes with it.. all the time realizing that I am THE ONLY ONE IN THE HOUSE THAT LIKES THIS FRAGRANCE. Kenneth walks in the house, with a wrinkled up nose and says, "What is that smell?" LOL...not such a blessing to him, I guess.
This little story reminds me of the sweet fragrance of our Savior. While some of us love to bask in His presence and soak up all of His blessings, there are others who do not feel the same way. There are others who wrinkle their noses and want nothing more than to be rid of the one we call Savior. How sad it is, that to some, His blessed fragrance means nothing. Let's keep basking in the sweet fragrance of Jesus and soak up all that He has to offer!

Blessings,
Delight

No comments: